WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN AND INDEPENDENT AGENT AND OTHER WAYS OF PURCHASING INSURANCE?
Ligon Jones Insurance Services
When shopping for insurance, most people do not realize that there are different kinds of agents available to them. Choosing the right insurance agent can make a big difference in the overall quality of your insurance policy, as well as the price.
With an independent insurance agent on your side you may get multiple quotes from multiple insurers. Working with a captive insurance agent within a company will not yield the same results.
An independent insurance agent can shop for policies that meet your needs and budget, and return numerous quotes to you. Independent agents are generally members of your community that are willing to meet face to face and provide the best customer support available.
Benefits of working with an independent insurance agent:
- They help you with your claim.
- They are not bound to a single insurance company.
- This means you can change your insurance company and keep your agent.
- They act as consultants, working with you to find out your needs and how to meet them.
- They know how to find the best combination of price, coverage, and service in an insurance policy.
- Offer a full insurance policy solution which can include, auto, home, business, and other insurance polices.
- They will periodically review your policy to ensure you are getting the best deal for the policy that you need.
- Independent insurance agents rely on strong customer service for livelihood. They will treat you like a real person, not just another customer.